I had some hanks of Tahki Cotton Classic left over from the stole I made at the beginning of the year, so that's what I used for these. The colours I used are brick and gold, and are actually quite dusky and pleasant in real life, and nothing like the McDonald's advertisement the pictures make them out to be. O.o
Overall I loved this pattern. I didn't even come close to meeting gauge, especially since I was using 4mm needles instead of the 4.5 called for in the pattern. 4.5mm makes for floppy stitches with Cotton Classic, in my experience. However, I found it to be really easy to modify the pattern to accomodate my smaller gauge and short feet -- 5 inches for the portion of the sole that covers the ball of the foot would have been excessive, so I only knit 4, for example. Also, instead of using fabric or leather (my original idea) to make "proper" soles, I simply knit duplicates of the sole pattern, 2 stitches wider and minus the heel flap, and then crocheted them into place.
The double-soles used up the entire hank of gold yarn, though the tops only used up (I'm guessing) less than half the hank of brick.
Pictures link to larger versions.