I finished the baby sweater I had in progress! I wanted very much to get it done tonight so that tomorrow, I'll be able to be guilt free about it when I cast on for the Knitting Olympics!
It has no buttons because the closest fabric store is about 9 miles away (you'd think I didn't live in the 10th largest city in the US, but I DO and the closest joanns is still NINE MILES). Ahem.
Anyway. It's Daisy
, done in Cinnamon Knitpicks Andean Silk.
(small edit: I realized as I was finishing that it was highly appropriate that I be finishing up a pattern -designed- by the Yarn Harlot just before her big event started!)
Things I learned during this project:
1) I can do sweaters! This is my first, because my friend requested one for her soon to be born.
2) I -really- understand kitchener. I understood it before, but I still had to sit with a diagram and look and do each step carefully. I sewed up the hood this afternoon and OH THAT IS HOW IT WORKS. Understanding is full.
3) Thanks to tersa
, I also have an ok understanding of the mattress stitch. I'll note that it works a lot more easily on the right arm of the sweater than it did on the front left, because of how the decreases lean.
Here is my OTT-LITE modeling it.( Collapse )