( Collapse )
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM, from a trade with tvini
about a year and a half ago. I wound the yarn into balls right after I got it and promptly lost the ball bands. Oops.
Needles: 2.75mm Birch DPNs
Pattern: Embossed Leaves Socks
- Regular long tail cast on.
- Only twisted every other row in the twisted ribbing.
- Twisted the vein stitches on the leaves to make them stand out more.
- Regular slip stitch heel flap, French heel, didn't cut and reattach yarn after turning heel.
- Made the socks mirror images of each other, which involved reversing the toe detail for the 2nd sock.
- Only did the toe detail on the top of the foot.
Impressions: This is a pattern that I liked in theory but felt suffered from problems in execution. I'm very happy with how my heavily modified version came out. They fit great and are super comfy. It's my second time knitting this pattern, and I don't think I'd knit a third pair, but I was entertained through two.
Timeline: These socks were very quick to knit, about 3 days of actually knitting per sock. Of course, I took a two month break between the first and second sock.