Anyway, I used Tasmanian Merino wool and embroidery floss, 3.25 mm needles and a lot of patience. The gloves took me 6 days to knit but the embroidery took me another 4 days. The original pattern is for opera length gloves but this was a little impractical for me so I shortened the cuffs. This meant that on my first glove I had to do a few rows of quick decreases when I got to the thumb gusset, so there's a bit of a bulge there but I figured it out on the second glove.
They're my first pair of gloves and my first embroidery project so there's a bit of weirdness around the fingers and the embroidery is a bit wonky. They're totally an item that I would go nuts for if I saw in a store, though, so I'm pleased with them.