(This is Vermont afterall)
I got to practice a little cabling and then used short row shaping to get the sweater to change direction between the body and the neck. It was also good practice in getting a knitted piece to fit pretty exactly to an odd shape as I did it in one piece on DPNs (mmm Brittany Birch). I'll admit that the decreases under the neck are a little bunchy, but otherwise I'm pretty psyched about how it came out. It was done with some local Vermont hand-spun wool that I picked up at a barn sale in October and have had a hard time finding a use for because it's scratchy and roughly processed (there's still hay in bits of it) and I'm a little tired of felting. Anyway, that's that. He'll be up on the auction block on Thursday hopefully raising money for a good cause.