So my question is:
I'm trying to figure out how the following to sections of the instructions should be combined when working the first section of the pattern. It looks to me like I should integrate the increases into the lace pattern so I have increasing lace. Am I reading this right?
• Increase 1 stitch (k-f&b into the second stitch in from the edge), each side of neckline EOR for 24 (28) rows [12 (14) new inc sts on each neckline edge], letting increases accumulate in queue areas (worked in st st).
(Hint: Don’t place markers for the queue area until after first 4 rows, which are all in garter or stocking stitch; it’s easier than trying to place a marker in the middle of a k-f&b increase.)
• Cast on 12 (14) stitches to span neckline
• Continue knitting across all stitches with that strand of yarn, and permanently drop the other strand.
Crest of The Wave – (mltpl 14 + 1) (for rows)
Rows 1-4: k
Rows 5, 7, 9, 11: k1, *(k2tog)x2, (yo, k1)x3, yo, (k2tog-tbl)x2, k3, rep from * to end of row.
Rows 6, 8, 10, 12: Purl
What I think I should be doing and need to have confirmed is:
1. CO 14 sts for each shoulder from 2 balls of yarn.
2. Knit back and forth, across both shoulders, for 4 rows in stockinette stitch, then switch to Crest of the Wave (for rows) stitch pattern
3. Rows 5,7,9,11: k1 *(k2tog-fb)x2, (yo,k1)x3, yo, (k2tog-tbl)x2, k3 rep from * to end of row.
4. Rows 6, 8, 10, 12: Purl with no increase.
So am I reading this right? Does combining the instructions for the increase and the instructions for the lace come out to be the instructions above? I know that a couple other people have knit this pattern recently. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction please?